As a campus community we all must remain aware of the importance of keeping university
information protected. Keeping our individual information is equally important. Increasing
awareness of the threats to our security is the first step toward protecting ourselves
and our data.
Increase Your Awareness on Campus and at Work
- SecureUGA Awareness Education — The University of Georgia requires all faculty, staff and employed students to
complete annual computer security awareness training using a model called SecureUGA.
The training consists of several modules and short quizzes. SecureUGA is available
for public access through the guest login button.
- Phishing Awareness at UGA — Phishing continues to be a dangerous nuisance to users of the UGA network.
Everyone needs to be aware of the importance of not falling for phishing scams, and
never emailing their passwords or personal information. Please view our phishing awareness page for more information.
- User Security Tips — By taking a few simple precautions, the average UGA computer
user can significantly reduce the hassle of recovering from a computer virus infection.
Please view our Protect Your Computer and Protect Your Data pages for more information.
- International Data Privacy Day — International Data Privacy Day is a yearly celebration
to promote awareness about privacy and best privacy practices. Officially observed
on January 28th, many organizations choose other dates to participate. While International
Data PrIvacy Day is a once-a-year event, data privacy awareness should be a year-round
For more information about International Data Privacy Day, related events and resources,
please visit Stay Safe Online.
- National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) — October is National Cyber Security
Awareness Month. While EITS provides security awareness year round, we have created
a list of services to help our colleagues enhance their cyber security awareness.
The posters below were created for us by UGA's Marketing Fraternity! If you would like to use these awareness posters in your department, they are available
free of charge. All promotional items must be used in the manner intended. Reproducing
all or part of any promotional items for uses other than intended is prohibited.