MyID Password Management
What is a MyID?
The UGA MyID is the sign-on name that students, faculty, and staff use to access a
wide range of online services at UGA. Each MyID has a password associated with it
that needs to be supplied when accessing these services.
What is a MyID Profile?
The MyID Profile is a self-service application that allows you to:
- Change your password yourself if you forget it
- Receive a passcode on your verified mobile phone or non-UGAMail address
The MyID Profile is a brief, two-step process that includes:
- Setting up your secret questions
- Setting up your verification option via a mobile phone, non-UGAMail address or secret
How can I change my password?
You can login to the MyID Profile management application if you know your current UGA MyID password and want to change
What if I forgot my password and I haven't set up a MyID Profile?
You can call the EITS Help Desk at 706-542-3106. They can give you a passcode that
can be entered into the forgot your password page.
What’s a passcode?
- A passcode is a one-time, six-digit code that can be sent to your verified mobile
phone or non-UGAMail address in the event that you forgot your password and want to use the self-service tools to reset it.
- Once you’ve received your passcode, you must use it within 10 minutes or it will expire.
How do I set up my secret questions?
This is step one in creating your MyID Profile and is available in the Manage Profile section of the MyID Profile Management Application.
How does changing my UGAMail address work?
You can change your UGAMail address name through the MyID Profile Management website.
- This UGAMail address can be different from your MyID name.
- You must still use your MyID name and
@uga.edu to login to UGAMail (ex: MyID@uga.edu)
- Even if your MyID and UGAMail address are different, you will still use your MyID
password to log in to UGAMail.
Why can’t I rename my MyID?
In order to increase the security of your login credentials, the MyID name can now
be separated from the UGAMail address.
- You can only rename your MyID if your MyID is the first part of your UGAMail address.
- If your MyID is the first part of your UGAMail address and you wish to change it,
you can do so through the Change UGAMail address page in the MyID Profile management application.
How do I get a departmental MyID?
- To get a departmental MyID for a University department or student organization, the
person responsible for the account must complete an online form available on the MyID Profile management application.
- The form is only available to faculty and staff members. Students requesting a MyID
for a student organization must have their advisor complete the online request form
on the MyID Profile management application.
ID Management Tools