- ArchPass - add a layer of security when you access systems. Available for general and restricted access. Restricted access requires additional authorization.
- Remote Access VPN - access on-campus resources from off-campus locations. Both general and restricted access to the VPN requires ArchPass. Additional authorization is needed for restricted access.
- SendFiles - send and receive sensitive and/or large files securely.
- PAWS-Secure - encrypted on-campus wireless with one-time sign-on.
- Trend Micro Officescan - protect your UGA-owned computer from virus and web-based threats.
- Other tools
- Phishing - Cyber criminals want your MyID and password because it provides access to valuable resources. Don't fall for e-mail scams designed to get your MyID and password.
- Fresh Phish - examples of recent phishing attacks experienced at UGA.
- Identity Theft and Identity Fraud — Unfortunately, individuals sometimes fall victim to identity thieves. See our resource page for identify theft prevention and recovery information.
- Legal Downloading — Copyright holders pay close attention to file sharing on university networks, and the University occasionally receives notifications about alleged copyright infringement.
- Security Awareness — resources to help increase security awareness.
Rules to Know
- SecureUGA - required, online annual awareness training for faculty and staff.
- Policies on the Use of Computers - outlines prohibited, unacceptable uses of University computing and networking resources.
- FERPA information - official contacts and links regarding student records privacy at UGA.
- Other policies and regulations - the University has other policies regarding privacy, security, and acceptable use.
- Ask a question - understanding how various policies and regulations apply to your position can be confusing, so ask for help if you need it.