Thursday, July 23, 2020
Below is the communication from Qualtrics.
As of August 19, 2020, Qualtrics users seeking phone support will be required to login to their Support Portal in order to connect with Qualtrics Support. This change is a required security update that continues to ensure the utmost privacy of user accounts, including preventing anyone from posing as another user. Email and chat support have already required authentication as of May 13, 2019, and we are now bringing phone support up to parity with all support contact methods.
When accessing the Support Portal, users will need to login with their Qualtrics account credentials. Please note that the Qualtrics Support team will only be able to provide support assistance for the account that you use to authenticate. For a detailed walkthrough, please visit the Contacting Support page.
If a user is unable to login or does not have a Qualtrics account, they will be directed to a Limited Support Portal by clicking “Can’t login or don’t have an account?” on the Support Portal login screen, through which they will be able to request support. Due to the lack of security protocol involved with this method, the Limited Support Portal may only be used for login issues and account creation issues.
Why isn’t there a support phone number for me to call anymore?
Instead of you calling us, we’re calling you!
There are lots of benefits to this new process:
1. When you pick up our call, the first and only person you talk to will be the person
who is most qualified to answer your question - that includes speaking in your chosen
2. While on the call, there’s no need for you to provide your username or area of the product you’re working in; we’ll have that information from you already.
3. Your estimated wait time will be displayed in your Support Portal before you trigger a call. Authenticated support will get you help faster than ever before.
4. No need to keep track of a bunch of different regional phone numbers anymore; let us do that for you. We’ll call you from a country’s number that makes the most sense based on your provided phone number.
5. (Coming Later in 2020) You’ll be able to schedule a future support call at a time that is most convenient for you.
What happens if I call the support phone number directly without going through my Support Portal?
Our direct phone number will remain open for Sales and operational purposes only. If you call the phone number directly asking for our support team, our phone operators will not be able to transfer your call. Instead, they will instruct you to go online to submit your support request and help walk you through the process.
For a more detailed explanation of Authenticated Phone Support, please visit the Contacting Support page.