Bronze Support Level
Each unit on the main Athens campus is required to maintain at least the Bronze Support Level. This basic connection fee includes:
- Connectivity to and support of communications through the UGA Core Network, Peachnet Internet Service, Internet2 and Southern Light Rail Services.
- Centralized PAWS wireless support for STF-funded wireless network deployments. All administrative (non-student) wireless will be supported at the current rates.
- Monitoring and support for the EITS edge switching and routing equipment in the MDF.
It is the responsibility of the department to:
- Report all network outages to the EITS Helpdesk (706-542-3106).
- Agree that problem identification and resolution of issues outside the scope of this support level will be charged at the current rates.
- Provide a departmental representative to guide EITS staff through the building as necessary during troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Provide EITS staff access to work areas as needed to resolve issues.
It is the responsibility of EITS to:
- Provide support of communications from the building router (or main building switch if there is no router) through the UGA Core Network, Peachnet Internet Service, Internet2 and Southern Light Rail Service for supported networking equipment (currently Foundry/Brocade).
- Provide the customer with a resolution plan regarding the network issue and document this plan in the EITS Remedy problem tracking system for the client's reference. If the problem is determined to be a wiring issue, the Remedy ticket will be assigned to the EITS Network Infrastructure Group and repairs will be charged at the normal Network Infrastructure Group rates.
- Provide additional network problem resolution, monitoring, and engineering beyond the scope of this agreement at the current rates.