Gold Support Level
Each unit on the Athens campus area and some remote campuses are required to maintain
at least the Bronze Support Level. However, the Gold Support Level extends EITS support past Bronze for departments to all network components up to
and including the wall jack and also includes:
- Funding for maintenance and support for network switches in the IDF.
- Funding for a periodic refresh of network switches in the IDF.
It is the responsibility of the department to:
- Report all network outages to the EITS Helpdesk (706-542-3106)
- Agree that problem identification and resolution for issues outside the scope of this
support level will be charged at the current rates.
- Provide a departmental representative to guide EITS staff through the building as
necessary during troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Provide EITS staff access to work areas as needed to resolve issues.
It is the responsibility of EITS to:
- Provide support of communications from the client's wall jack through the UGA Core
Network, Peachnet Internet Service, Internet2 and Southern Light Rail Service for
supported networking equipment (currently Foundry/Brocade).
- Provide the customer with a resolution plan regarding the network issue and document
this plan in the EITS Remedy problem tracking system for the client's reference. If
the problem is determined to be a wiring issue, the Remedy ticket will be assigned
to the EITS Network Infrastructure Group. Defective patch cabling and other physical
network components will be replaced at no charge.
- Provide funding for maintenance and support as well as a periodic refresh of the supported
IDF networking equipment.
- Provide additional network problem resolution, monitoring, and engineering beyond
the scope of the Gold Support Level at the current rate.