EITS provides a centrally supported document management system for digital document storage, search, viewing, and processing. This system can be configured to provide the following benefits to UGA departments and business units:
- Secure digital storage of documents, including sensitive or restricted information
- Secure sharing of specified documents with other authorized users on campus
- Automated document workflows to improve productivity, eliminate bottlenecks, and enable notifications for required actions
- Integration with screens and forms in other UGA systems for quick document retrieval
- Centralized offsite backup and disaster recovery service
- On-site server hosting in the EITS data center with environmental controls, restricted physical access, fire suppression, and network security
- Integration with the MyID system for simplified authentication and effective management of personnel and role changes
- Bulk importing and indexing of documents from other systems
Document Management Products
The Content 7 document management system, formerly called ImageNow, is the centrally supported document management product at UGA. This service has been in production since August of 2017. Departments wishing to begin using digital document management services or migrate from existing document management systems will be set up in Content 7.
What does EITS provide?
EITS offers a comprehensive set of services for the Content 7 clients. Typical services include:
- Department/user/permissions set up
- Setup of document scanning, indexing, storage, and retrieval
- Setup of automated bulk document importing and indexing
- Initial onsite end-user training
- Integration with forms and screens in other information systems (such as Banner and PeopleSoft) to enable quick document retrieval
- Product demonstrations and business process consultation
- An active Internet connection
- TWAIN compatible scanner (or access to a multi-function scanner / copier)
- An Apple or Windows computer with the Chrome browser for document viewing, or a Windows computer for the client needed for administrative functions.
For more information, please contact David Crouch.