New to Campus
Now that you’ve arrived on the University of Georgia campus, there are plenty of technology
tools to make learning, teaching, working and living at the University easier.
Enterprise Information Technology Services (EITS) is the central IT department at
the University. EITS manages some of the key technology systems and services on campus, such as UGAMail,
Athena and eLearning Commons (eLC).
When you need help with those services, contact the EITS Help Desk at 706-542-3106.
You can also email email@example.com or chat with a consultant during regular business hours.
The EITS Help Desk’s website features detailed information on how to reset your UGA MyID password, configure your
UGAMail account for your phone and provides answers to other top questions.
New Student Tech Checklist:
- View the EITS new student guide, which features many technology services and resources that you will use at the University.
- Know your MyID and UGAMail address: New undergraduate students enrolling for the first
time in fall 2014 or later should have received their MyID during the admissions or acceptance process. Your MyID is required to access online
services at UGA. In addition, UGAMail addresses for students are assigned. Check the email address you provided for admission
tp UGA for instructions. Need help? Call the EITS Help Desk at 706-542-3106.
- Connect your devices to UGA’s wireless network: Get connected to UGA’s wireless network
- Sync your phone with UGAMail: Set up your phone to check UGAMail by viewing detailed instructions on the EITS Help Desk website.
- Download the UGA Mobile App: Learn when the next bus arrives at a stop, find out where
buildings are located on campus and check out meals in the dining halls. The UGA mobile app is a one-stop spot for numerous online campus services. Download in the App Store
for iOS or Google Play for Android devices.
- Sign up for emergency alerts: When emergencies happen, you’ll be informed quickly.
- Know where computer labs are located: EITS operates several computer labs, including those at the Miller Learning Center and in residence halls.
- Don’t worry about printing: UGA has several cloud-based print kiosks in Athens and the Gwinnett Campus to allow you to print documents from your computer,
phone or tablet.
- Install the latest antivirus software: Learn what tools you can use to protect your computer.
- Check out the MyUGA Portal: A website that allows you to access UGAMail, Athena, Skillsoft, lynda.com, eLearning
Commons (eLC), Parking Services and more.
- Follow EITS on Twitter (@uga_eits) and like us on Facebook.
New Faculty/Staff Tech Checklist: