Below are the methods for establishing audio conference calls:
- For individuals needing six or fewer people for an audio conference call, use any University digital or VOIP phone at no additional cost.
- For individuals needing support for larger audio conferencing groups, a service will be provided through AT&T.
The advantages of transitioning from the internal service are that up to six party audio conferences can now be supported using a digital phone and your large audio conference needs can be supported by using the AT&T audio conference service.
Using these options for audio conferencing will give you greater flexibility for your departments since you can use the digital phones and AT&T service at your convenience.
We recommend that you have your Departmental Telephone Representatives (DTR) coordinate ordering an AT&T audio conferencing bridge for your department and have them coordinate the usage of this service. There are no limits to the number of lines a department can order. You can currently use your digital telephone for audio conference bridges for six or less at no additional cost. The AT&T service is billed at 2.9 cents per minute per user, but is a very reasonable cost for this service.
AT&T Audio Conferencing Services
With audio conferencing services, you can reduce travel expenses while empowering people across locations to meet any time, from virtually anywhere.
Improve productivity with audio conferencing
Audio conference services from AT&T can be a productive, cost-effective alternative to in-person meetings, training sessions and presentations. You can work with customers, suppliers and partners wherever they are located, broadening your reach, and tapping into new markets. The AT&T Global IP Network provides a scalable, reliable experience for audio conferencing customers from AT&T.
- Conferencing is easy to use, and is available 24x7.
- Meet for a quick catch up or on a recurring basis.
- Reduce travel and meeting room costs.
- Bring key players together in real time.
- Reduce disruptions caused by weather emergencies.
- Decrease office space costs by promoting telecommuting.
- Support remote workers by providing a simple method to participate in recurring meetings.
- Provide an efficient and cost-effective method for training remote employees.
Service is based on 2.9 cents per minute per user.
Please contact Telephone Services and place a work order through your Departmental Telephone Representative (DTR) to order Audio Conferencing Service for your large conference departmental needs.
For Departmental Telephone Representatives Only
To order an AT&T conference line, please send Telephone Services a Telephone Service Request form with the departmental contact, building, and paying account information filled out. All other fields must be filled in with "N/A".