Dialing Instructions for Campus Telephones
NOTE: Long Distance Authorization Codes are no longer required when making a long distance call on the Athens campus. However, long distance usage is reviewed by Telephone Services and the departmental telephone representatives.
- On campus – for a telephone number 706-542-6067, dial 2-6067
- Off campus – dial a 9 and then the area code and local telephone number
- Long Distance – dial 9 and 1 and then the area code and number
- International Long Distance – dial 9 then 011 and then the country code, city code, and local telephone number
Common Commands for Campus Telephones
- Call Forwarding – for sending calls to a specified number for a period of time
- Activate by dialing *2 followed by the 5-digit extension number that you are forwarding to
- Cancel by dialing #2
- Send All Calls – for automatically starting calls along your call coverage path when you are away
from the office
- Activate by dialing *3
- Cancel by dialing #3
- Call Pickup – for answering a call to another group member’s set on your own set
- Dial #4 to pickup the call
- Transferring Calls – for sending an answered call to another person
- Press the transfer button (or the flash button if you don’t have a transfer button)
- Listen for dial tone
- Dial the extension or outside phone number you wish to transfer to
- Let the phone ring once and then...
- ...press the transfer or flash button again to complete a cold transfer.
- ...talk to the person you are transferring to before pressing the transfer or flash button to complete a warm transfer