Voicemail at UGA
Obtaining UGA Voicemail Service
The UGA voicemail service is available to all users of the Athens campus telephone System.
- Message recording capabilities: More than one caller can leave a voice message at the same time.
- Automatic switching (call coverage): If you are talking on the phone and get an incoming call, the incoming call will be automatically switched to your voice mailbox.
- Personal operator: Callers can press 0 to be sent to an attendant instead of leaving a message.
- You can dial in remotely from off campus and obtain your messages.
- Dial the message center number at 706-542-4234.
- Enter your five digit telephone number, which is your mailbox number. Example: If your telephone number is 542-6962, enter 26962.
- Enter your voicemail passcode.
- You are now in your voicemail box.
Users must create a strong passcode for their voicemail accounts. Creating a strong passcode requires:
- No sequenced numbers (ex: 1234 or 6789)
- At least three unique digits
- Exclusion of the voicemail box number as part of the passcode
The UGA voicemail service is available to all users of the Athens campus telephone system through their departmental telephone representative. The cost of the service is $4.50/month per mailbox.
Sign Me Up
To sign up, contact your department's Telephone Representative.