Boyd Data Center
The Boyd Data Center offers professional quality support and supply of facility resources for the University of Georgia and University System of Georgia user community.
The facility is located on the first floor of the Boyd Graduate Studies Research Center. EITS staff provide support for the core and hosted computing systems available to UGA students, faculty, and staff on a 24/7/365 basis.
Services and Applications
- Research Computing Center
- PeachNet Servers
- UGACard Server
- Hosted Services
- UGA Campus Network
- An IBM z10 supporting varied other subsystems and applications including JES3, TSO, IMS, DB2, TCP/IP, and OASIS.
- Various smaller servers supporting other EITS and campus applications.
Storage devices include:
- IBM Storage Array.
- IBM Robotic Tape Library.
- IBM Virtual Tape Server providing virtual tape access.
Printer services include:
- Two XEROX DocuPrint 100 high-speed laser printers (pictured below), which print 8.5 x 11 paper at the rate of 96 pages per minute each
- An IBM 4245 Impact Printer which prints 2,000 lines per minute on continuous forms.