Document Management (NolijWeb/Content7) Service Details
Centralized, hosted document management through Nolij Web and Content 7 will provide
the following benefits:
- Commitment to annual license renewals will offer UGA continued access to system upgrades
- A central, secure, standards-based document management repository
- Web-based access to this repository
- Integration with our central administrative and student information systems
- Network- authenticated and credential-based access to this repository
- Reduced risk and exposure to sensitive and restricted information
EITS is accountable for central application hosting activities which include the following
- Assign a primary support contact through Enterprise Information Technology Services
- Manage the overall institutional structure within the document management systems
- Manage initial administrative users
- Create a master database query to get pertinent folder-related data when needed
- Manage initial system-level document types to be stored within the department instance
(such as PDF, DOCS, EML, etc.)
- Provide baseline training and setup documentation for departmental administrators
- Provide institutional and other client-requested system administration functions
- Assist with any required match/merge or document owner transfers between departments
- Appropriate allocation of concurrent licenses in collaboration with departmental administrators
- Manage purchasing process for maintaining an appropriate quantity of allocated licenses
- Provide backup and recovery services for the database and document repository within
the scope of the institution’s Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
- Assist with setup of document import methods, including scanners, email integration,
and automatic document import via file transfer
The Client is responsible for the creation and management of all tasks that create
and sustain departmental scans/ stores / retrievals setup which normally includes:
- Budgetary compensation
- Identify and communicate a primary departmental support contact to EITS
- Perform initial investigation into issues reported by end users
- Escalate reported issues to EITS as necessary (please see Incident Reporting and Escalation
- Create and manage all departmental users (such as permissions, access, etc.)
- Create and manage all custom document types (such as transcripts, test scores, etc.)
that are indexed for retrieval
- Create and maintain all queries to enable document access by end users where needed
- Create any and all batch folders that store documents
- Create and support all input methods (such as scanners, email integration, upload
- Create and maintain any desired document workflows
- Create and maintain any desired data forms
- Maintain any supplemental department databases required for additional workflow and/or
EITS will ensure that the client has the same functionality at the end of the migration
from Nolij Web to Content as they did before the migration.
- Migrate documents from the Nolij Web database to the Content database.
- Set up the client department in Content as it was in Nolij Web, unless changed by
- Provide training to users and department administrators on Content.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert on the similarities and differences between Nolij Web
- Support client testing and design.
Clients are to provide personnel and time to support the EITS driven migration from
Nolij Web to Content.
- Provide a Point of Contact during the migration that has a solid understanding of
current business practices.
- Provide testers for after the migration to ensure no data loss and that new system
is working as necessary.
- Provide time for when testing will be done.
- If necessary make changes to business practices.
Document Management Contact Information
- Tier 1: Client Designated IT Contact
- Tier 2: EITS Help Desk (http://EITSHelpdesk.uga.edu) – (706)542-3106
- Tier 3: Hunt Stanley, Document Management Administrator, (706)542-3856, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tier 4: David Crouch, IT Director of Web and Mobile Technology – (706)542-8843, email@example.com
The client will provide an after-hours contact for issues requiring their involvement.