EITS Network and Services provides the following services to the University of Georgia:
Network Support Partnership
- Provides technical support for networking.
- Departments and units can choose from multiple levels of support - from basic network connectivity to complete support.
Installation and Design
- Design and installation of data, voice, wireless and video (cablevision) networks - from a single cable to an entire building.
Student Technology Support
- Provides network support for students in the residence halls and Family Housing
- Also provides wireless network support for students.
- Provides entertainment, education, news, sports and international programming for the University community.
- Provides premium channels (HBO package) to residence halls, Graduate and Family Housing, and the Georgia Center.
- Facilitates live broadcasting and streaming of special events.
- For more information on broadcasting your content, please contact the UGA Center for Teaching and Learning.
Wireless Networking (WiFi)
- Manage and implement the Student Technology Fee wireless initiative.
- Provide design, installation, configuration and activation of UGA and departmental wireless networks.
- Technical support for existing wireless networks.
- Report an area with weak or no wireless coverage.
Oversight of Data, Voice and CATV Infrastructure During Construction and Renovation
- Oversee data, voice, and CATV infrastructure installation for new construction and renovation.
- Approve construction plans for network infrastructure.
- Facilitate the specification and purchase of any network equipment required.
- Certify and approve final installation.
- Obtain and certify as-builts and test results.
Campus Fiber and Copper Outside Infrastructure (Provides Data, Voice and CATV Service to Buildings)
- Design, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Manage repairs due to physical damage (cable cuts, broken conduits, etc.).
- Maintain documentation of outside infrastructure; includes content and usage.
- Maintain GIS information of outside infrastructure.
Video Conferencing Support
- Provide network and technical support for videoconferencing.
Telephone Installation, Moves, Adds and Changes
- To submit a request, go to the Telephone Services website
- Facilitate the delivery of network services over non-UGA infrastructure (leased fiber, T1 circuits, Metro Ethernet, etc.) to UGA facilities not on the main UGA campus.
- Provide general consultation, advice and assistance to UGA units regarding network infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting and repairing problems with physical network infrastructure.