Departmental Network Liaisons (DNLs)
For each University School, College and Unit, it is essential that a Departmental Network Liaison (DNL) be identified. This individual serves as the primary point of contact for that unit, both with respect to the other users within the department and the central EITS support groups.
The following items summarize the primary responsibilities of the Departmental Network Liaisons:
- Serving as the primary contact for a department with EITS for problems caused by network issues.
- Managing departmental network access authorization, including assigning network addresses, such as TCP/IP addresses, managing the Domain Name System (DNS) requests and local network connectivity.
- Reporting departmental devices that handle critical, sensitive or restricted information, such as Social Security numbers, credit card numbers or health records.
- Reporting and/or assisting with computer security incident response.
- Participating annually in optional training specifically designed for DNLs.
Senior Management at Schools, Colleges and Units are responsible for designating DNLs. If your unit needs to designate a new DNL, please have the appropriate individual submit a request to Add a DNL with the name and contact information of that individual.
When a DNL is transferred, terminated or retires, senior management or an existing DNL should submit a request to Remove a DNL as soon as possible, indicating that the departing individual is no longer a DNL.
For more information and resources visit the DNL SharePoint page.