- Phishing — Don't be fooled by email scams designed to trick you into giving away your MyID and password.
- Identity Theft and Identity Fraud — Unfortunately, individuals sometimes fall victim to identity thieves. See our resource page for identify theft prevention and recovery information.
- Legal Downloading — Copyright holders pay close attention to file sharing on university networks, and the University occasionally receives notifications about alleged copyright infringement.
Protecting Your Devices and Data
- Protect Your Computer
- Protect Your Data
- Use Strong Passwords
- PAWS-Secure — Encrypted Wireless on Campus
- SendFiles — Send and Receive Files Securely
Rules to Know
- Policies on the Use of Computers — prohibits certain unacceptable uses of networks and computers at UGA that could result in a Student Code of Conduct violation.
- Network Access Policy — your device may be disabled or removed from the UGA network if device security requirements are not met.
The University has a team that responds to issues of computer misuse or abuse. Please report any issues, misuse, or security problems using the link below. Please be aware that if you think you have witnessed a crime or been a victim of a crime, you should always contact the police first.