Welcome to UGA
If you're a new faculty member to the University of Georgia, we've got a quick technology checklist. There are also a number of technology services available to faculty.
We're UGA's central IT department, Enterprise Information Technology Services (EITS), and we support enterprise-wide systems for students, faculty, staff and visitors.
EITS Help Desk
If you have questions about EITS-supported systems, such as UGAMail, MyID, wireless networking and telephones, contact our Help Desk at email@example.com or 706-542-3106.
Other IT Help Desks
Many colleges and units at UGA also have their own technical support for faculty and staff. If you have questions about support for hardware or software and services specific to your department or college, please contact your college or unit's IT help desk.
New to UGA? Technology Checklist
- Set up your MyID, if it has not already been established. Your MyID is the username that's required to access many services and resources at UGA. Your HR personnel may have already set up your MyID.
- Enroll in ArchPass. ArchPass is UGA's phone-based two-step login solution, powered by Duo. It is required to log in to eLC, Athena, the Employee Self-Service site and other select campus systems. You will also need ArchPass to access UGAMail and OneDrive for Business off-campus
- Complete your MyID profile, which establishes security measures in case you forget your MyID password.
- Check your UGAMail.UGAMail is the University-provided email service for students, faculty and staff. Your UGAMail password is the same as your MyID password. You will need ArchPass to access your UGAMail off-campus.
- Connect to wireless networks. UGA's has two secure wireless networks: PAWS-Secure and eduroam. Both are accessible with your MyID and password.
- Connect to the wired network. Contact your departmental IT professional to get connected to the wired network in your building.
- Get phone service. Contact your department's IT professional or the Departmental Telephone Representative about phone service in your office. Set up voicemail, including recording your greeting.
- Register for UGAAlert. UGAAlert is the University's emergency notification system. Register your contact information to receive emergency alerts via text, email or desktop notices.
- Connect to VPN. The remote access Virtual Private Network (VPN), allows you to access the UGA campus network and computer resources securely from off-campus locations. You must use ArchPass to connect to the VPN.
- Download the UGA Mobile App. The UGA mobile app is available for iOS and Android devices and includes useful campus resources, including bus trackers, a searchable campus, eLC access and more.
- Learn about Research IT. There are a number of Research IT services available to the UGA research community including data management planning, computing services, storage and backup services, and archives.
- Contact IT Help DesksMany colleges and units at UGA also have their own technical support for faculty and staff. If you have questions about support for hardware or software and services specific to your department or college, please contact your college or unit's IT help desk.