- ArchPass - add a layer of security when you access the VPN. ArchPass is also used to access
specified UGA restricted and sensitive systems (authorization required.)
- Remote Access VPN - access on-campus resources from off-campus locations. Both general and restricted
access to the VPN require ArchPass. Additional authorization is needed for restricted access.
- SendFiles - send and receive sensitive and/or large files securely.
- PAWS-Secure - encrypted on-campus wireless with one-time sign-on.
- Trend Micro OfficeScan - protect your UGA-owned computer from virus and web-based threats.
- Other tools
- Phishing - cyber criminals want your MyID and password, because it provides access to valuable
resources. Don't fall for e-mail scams designed to get your MyID and password.
- Fresh Phish - examples of recent phishing attacks on campus.
Rules to Know
- SecureUGA - required online awareness training for faculty and staff.
- Policies on the Use of Computers - outlines prohibited, unacceptable uses of University computing and networking resources.
- FERPA information - official contacts and links regarding student records privacy at UGA.
- Other policies and regulations - the University has other policies regarding privacy, security, and acceptable use.
- Ask a question - understanding how various policies and regulations apply to your position can be
confusing, so ask for help if you need it.
Security Awareness Resources
- SecureUGA - new employees can log in to take the training. SecureUGA is accessible through
the UGA eLearning Commons. You must provide your MyID and password for access.
- Security Awareness — resources to help increase security awareness.