The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), and other trade groups that represent copyright holders' interests have been known to monitor traffic from the UGA network for Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) violations, and, in some cases, these trade groups send letters to UGA threatening legal action against students and staff who violate the DMCA.
Under the DMCA, The University of Georgia reserves the right to terminate computing services of users who repeatedly infringe upon the rights of copyright owners. For questions or concerns related to copyright compliance, or if you have received a Peer-toPeer traffic notification, please contact the EITS Help Desk 706-542-3106.
- Music United: Music industry information page on piracy
- Recording Industry Association of America
- Motion Picture Association of America
- Reporting Alleged Copyright Infringement
- UGA's Computer Usage Policy
- Office of Student Conduct
- Office of Legal Affairs
- Copyright FAQ