Reporting Alleged Copyright Infringement
The University of Georgia has a designated agent to receive notifications of alleged copyright infringement in the uga.edu domain. If you believe your copyrighted work is being infringed on a UGA site, please notify our DMCA copyright agent:
Chief Information Security Officer
The University of Georgia
101 Cedar Street
Athens, GA 30602-1911
When notifying UGA of the alleged copyright infringement, please be sure to include the following information:
- a description of the copyrighted work that is the subject of the claimed infringement (if multiple works are being infringed on a single site, a list of those works at that site is adequate);
- a description of the infringing material and information sufficient to permit UGA
to locate the material. For online copyright infringement, this must include:
- the IP Address and IP port from which the alleged infringement was observed (i.e. the source);
- the remote, non-UGA IP address that was involved in the alleged infringement (i.e. the destination); and
- the time at which the alleged infringement was observed.
- contact information for you, including address, phone number and/or e-mail address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, or its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, signed under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you have the authority to enforce the copyrights that are claimed to be infringed; and
- a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on its behalf.
Failure to include all of the above listed information may result in a delay of the processing of your complaint. UGA will terminate the online privileges of users who infringe the copyright of others.