Why is my MyID account being disabled?
Once you leave UGA, you are no longer eligible to use campus IT services, and you will lose access after a period of time.
Services you will lose access to include:
- Office 365 applications and products connected to your @uga.edu email address
- Google Workspace
- PAWS-Secure and eduroam wireless networks
- The Remote Access VPN
- Any service or application that requires you to log in with your MyID and password
You do not have to do anything to ensure that your account access is removed. EITS periodically disables expired accounts to prevent unauthorized access to campus IT services.
Once your account access is removed, you will no longer be able to access UGAMail, campus wireless networks and other services that require a MyID and password. Forwarding your UGAMail to another address will no longer work.
If you know you are graduating soon or planning to leave UGA, there are a few steps you can take to prepare:
- Establish a non-UGA email account, such as a Gmail account. We recommend you use a non-UGA email for paying bills and applying for jobs, graduate school or professional school. Using a non-UGA email ensures you do not lose important contacts and emails.
- Migrate your contacts and archived email. If you have contacts or emails from your UGAMail account that you wish to keep, you should migrate these to another email account. Instructions for migrating contacts and email are available on the Help Desk site.
If you are a UGA faculty or staff member, your MyID account has no guarantees attached to it.
Once you leave UGA for another job, your MyID will be disabled and UGAMail account will be deleted.
Sometimes, departments will request that an ex-employee's MyID be terminated immediately. These requests are handled on a case-by-case basis and require verification in order to process.
Retired Faculty and Staff
Retired UGA faculty and staff retain their MyID and UGAMail accounts. However, they are no longer eligible to keep Office 365 applications and products connected to their @uga.edu email address.
Affiliate MyIDs are disabled once all active and qualifying UGA affiliations expire. EITS cannot update your UGA affiliation. Any changes must come through an authoritative system, such as OneUSG Connect. To learn more about who qualifies for a UGA affiliation, please visit the OneSource Faculty and Staff guide.