Use these tech tools to prep for finals
Wednesday, November 21, 2018
Students: Of all the things you’re stressing about before finals, technology shouldn’t
be one of them.
Here’s a list of technology services provided by EITS – from printing to software
to computer labs -- to make prepping for finals easy.
- Did you know? The MLC isn’t the only place with computer labs (which are usually full
around finals). Try visiting other computer lab locations across campus.
- Internet running slow? Trying switching between PAWS-Secure and eduroam for more consistent coverage.
- Don’t feel like driving or catching a bus to campus? Use applications like MATLAB,
SPSS, Python and more through vLab—your “at-home” computer lab. Log in here.
- Need to brush up on some basic skills before finals? Lynda.com is your best friend!
- Need to print at minimal cost? There are wepa print kiosks locations all over campus. Pay with Bulldog Bucks, a wepa account, or with a credit/debit card.
- Need access to the latest in multimedia software and hardware for digital projects?
Visit the Digital Media Lab in MLC room 362.
- Need to share, store and sync large work or school files? OneDrive for Business is a safe place to do that.
- Need to borrow a laptop, tablet or camera? Visit the tech lending desk on the 3rdfloor East wing of the MLC. But first, see items and check their availability.
And as always, our Help Desk is here for you. Submit a ticket request for assistance or chat online with one of our representatives. The Student Technology Guideis also a good reference.
It’s also helpful to stay on top of the latest technology updates by following us
on Twitter (@uga_eitsand @uga_status ) and Facebook.
Good luck on your finals Bulldogs!