MATLAB, a MathWorks product, is a numerical computing application with access to symbolic computing abilities. Simulink, a graphical multi-domain simulation and model-based design for dynamic and embedded systems, is included in UGA's licensing.
Students, Faculty, Staff and IT Professionals
Students, faculty and staff may use MATLAB for free.
This software is not licensed for commercial use.
Follow this link for download and installation instructions. Login using your UGA MyID credentials.
MATLAB individual licenses must be reactivated each year.
Students may practice automatically graded programming assignments with Cody Coursework.
Recorded webinars and videos are also available.
Visit the MATLAB worldwide user community on MATLAB Central.
Find general academic resources here.
For even more training, visit Lynda.com.
Technical questions and support is provided directly from MathWorks.
For Customer Service and Installation & Technical Support, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508.647.7000
If MATLAB is currently able to launch, you can launch the MATLAB activation client from the MATLAB help menu.
- To get a new license for reactivating your copy of MATLAB, click this link and follow the instructions below.
- After completing Step 1, open the program on your program and in the "Resources" section of the toolstrip, open the "Help" menu.
- Hover over the "Licenses" submenu.
- Click "Activate Software." This will launch the MATLAB activation client.
- If you have any issues with reactivation, fill out the MATLAB issues form.
The University of Georgia’s campus-wide site license provides MATLAB, Simulink, and these companion products:
- Communications System Toolbox
- Computer Vision System Toolbox
- Database Toolbox
- Datafeed Toolbox
- Deep Learning Toolbox
- Econometrics Toolbox
- Embedded Coder
- Financial Instruments Toolbox
- Financial Toolbox
- Fuzzy Logic Toolbox
- Global Optimization Toolbox
- Image Acquisition Toolbox
- Mapping Toolbox
- MATLAB Coder
- MATLAB Compiler
- MATLAB Compiler SDK
- MATLAB Distributed Computing Server
- MATLAB Report Generator
- Model Predictive Control Toolbox
- Model-Based Calibration Toolbox
- Partial Differential Equation Toolbox
- Robotics System Toolbox
- Robust Control Toolbox
- Simscape Driveline
- Simscape Electrical
- Simulink Coder
- Simulink Real-Time
- Spreadsheet Link
- System Identification Toolbox
- Trading Toolbox
- Wavelet Toolbox
Disclaimer: MathWorks may change the type of software (such as specific products, components, versions, platforms, language, etc.) included in the MathWorks Total Academic Headcount (TAH) campus-wide site license at any time.