New to Campus
Now that you’ve arrived on the University of Georgia campus, there are plenty of technology
tools to make learning, teaching, working and living at the University easier.
Enterprise Information Technology Services (EITS) is the central IT department at
the University. EITS manages some of the key technology systems and services on campus, such as UGAMail,
Athena and eLearning Commons (eLC).
When you need help with those services, contact the EITS Help Desk at 706-542-3106.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with a consultant during regular business hours.
The EITS Help Desk’s website features detailed information on how to reset your UGA MyID password, configure your
UGAMail account for your phone and provides answers to other top questions.
New Student Tech Checklist:
- View the EITS new student guide, which features many technology services and resources that you will use at the University.
- Know your MyID and UGAMail address: New undergraduate students enrolling for the first time in fall 2014 or later should
have received their MyID during the admissions or acceptance process. Your MyID is required to access online
services at UGA. In addition, UGAMail addresses for students are assigned. Check the email address you provided for admission
to UGA for instructions. Need help? Call the EITS Help Desk at 706-542-3106.
- Connect your devices to UGA’s wireless networks: Get connected to UGA’s wireless networks, PAWS-Secure and eduroam.
- Log in with ArchPass, UGA's two-step login solution, powered by Duo: Some UGA applications, including eLC and Athena require ArchPass for access. You
will also need ArchPass to access your UGAMail off-campus. Enroll your phone or tablet
via the Self-Service Portal.
- Download the UGA Mobile App: Learn when the next bus arrives at a stop, find out where buildings are located on
campus and check out meals in the dining halls. The UGA mobile app is a one-stop spot for numerous online campus services. Download in the App Store
for iOS or Google Play for Android devices.
- Sign up for emergency alerts: When emergencies happen, you’ll be informed quickly.
- Know where computer labs are located:EITS operates several computer labs, including those at the Miller Learning Center and in residence halls.
- Don’t worry about printing: UGA has several cloud-based print kiosks in Athens and the Gwinnett Campus to allow you to print documents from your computer,
phone or tablet.
- Install the latest antivirus software: Learn what tools you can use to protect your computer.
- Check out the MyUGA Portal: A website that allows you to access UGAMail, Athena, lynda.com, eLearning Commons
(eLC), Parking Services and more.
- Follow EITS on Twitter (@uga_eits) and like us on Facebook.
New Faculty/Staff Tech Checklist:
- Follow the new student checklist above.
- Learn about voicemail, conference calls and other telephone services.
- Log in with ArchPass, UGA's two-step login solution, powered by Duo: Some UGA applications, including
eLC, Athena and the Employee Self-Service site, require ArchPass for access. You will also need ArchPass to access your UGAMail off-campus. Enroll
your phone or tablet via the Self-Service Portal.
- Work securely from locations off campus by using the remote access VPN, a virtual private network designed to allow faculty and staff to access UGA campus
network and computer resources.
- Request information about research computing tools from the Georgia Advanced Computing Resource Center.
- As an option, change your email address alias (the part before @uga.edu in your email address).
- Learn who to call for tech support. Several colleges at UGA offer in-house technical support for their faculty. EITS supports the centralized IT systems at the University.