Lab Support & Equipment Provisioning Details
Equipment Lifecycle and Maintenance
- EITS will provide support and maintenance of computer hardware and software.
- The EITS administrative contact listed in a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) will provide notification to the client administrative contact of outages or maintenance issues in the computer labs.
- The EITS administrative contact will develop the specifications for procurement of computer hardware and software; the client's administrative contact will give approval of specifications for computer hardware and software.
- The client and EITS will collaborate to seek funding for equipment lifecycle replacement, maintenance and support personnel. In recent years, Student Technology Fee (STF) funds have been the predominant source of funding for student use computer labs. On behalf of the collaboration, EITS will draft any funding proposal document that will be submitted and presented by both the client and EITS.
- The EITS administrative contact will oversee computer hardware and software purchasing, transportation, and installation.
- EITS will oversee the annual property control inventory process to track computer hardware.
- EITS will provide on-call support for lab users through the EITS Help Desk during standard EITS Help Desk hours. EITS will provide on-site support in the form of site visits during University business hours at a minimum once per week to each lab or more frequently as required.
Computer Lab Physical Space
- The client is responsible for payment of all computer-related networking fees to EITS; the client's administrative contact will serve as the contact for the MOU supporting the chosen Level Support of the Networking Support Partnership with EITS.
- The client's administrative contact will serve as the primary contact to address any physical space and/or furniture needs in the computer labs. The client will maintain the physical space of all computer labs including physical security, data connections, and custodial services for the space and computer equipment. The client will maintain the building insurance coverage.
- The client's administrative contact will communicate responsibilities and expectations regarding lab signage for problems, server downtime, and reporting issues with lab computer issues to EITS with appropriate building staff members.
- The client and EITS administrative contacts will maintain communications to discuss new or changing requirements for lab equipment.
- The client and EITS administrative contacts will maintain communications to discuss new or changing requirements for lab space.
- The client's on-call staff will provide support for physical space for business, evening, and weekend hours per departmental protocols for facilities issues. Desk assistants at the designated desks will provide basic support to computer lab users.
New Computer Lab Proposal Process
- The client's administrative contact will communicate any client plans to renovate old and construct new buildings should the work affect existing or potential computer labs. Should new computer labs or modifications to existing labs be desired in renovated or new spaces, discussions between EITS and client administrative contacts will commence early in the design process. The client and EITS will mutually determine the need for new computer lab(s). The client and EITS will collaborate to seek funding for lab equipment for any new mutually agreed upon labs.
- In order for the client and EITS to assess the need for computer labs, EITS will share institutional decisions about the need and selection of spaces for computer labs on campus with the client. The client's computer lab needs will be included in the IT Master Plan for the University of Georgia. EITS Budget Planning sessions will be held specifically for discussion and feedback about the client's computer lab needs.
- The EITS administrative contact will write the proposal and collect all the necessary documentation as the need arises to establish new computer labs in cooperation with the client's administrative contact. In recent years, Student Technology Fee (STF) funds have been the predominant source of funding for new student used computer labs.
Lab Support & Equipment Provisioning Contact Information
Tier 1: Contact CTS at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tier 2: Thomas Jones, IT Senior Manager – Office (706) 542-6292; email@example.com
Tier 3: Wes Johnson - (706) 542-7873; firstname.lastname@example.org
The client will provide an after-hours contact for issues requiring their involvement